When people get mouth sores, one of the things they can do while waiting for it to heal is evaluate what they’re eating and make some changes. Here are some tips from The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston that can help minimize the discomfort of eating and help to increase the speed of healing.
- Eat soft or pureed foods. Don’t worry, you won’t have to eat baby food—plenty of adult dishes fit the bill. Yogurt, mashed potatoes, smoothies are good choices.
- Keep your meals bland for a while. It’s humdrum, but watch out for overly spicy, tart, salty or acidic foods while you have a mouth sore.
- Also, keep it cool. Only eat meals served at room temperature or chilled.
- Use a straw so that whatever you are drinking can avoid the mouth sore altogether.
- Try to moisten dry foods. You can add sauces, dressings, and gravies to your meals.
At The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston, our specialty is dental health. We offer complete general dentistry services. People from East Spring, West Cypress, and Klein also come to our practice for cosmetic dentistry. Call to schedule an appointment today!
Contact The Gentle Art of Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
102 Vintage Park Blvd, Suite D