When your little one complains of mouth pain, you want to relieve it as soon as possible. Remember us at The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston TX!
There are many possible causes of children’s tooth pain.
- Tooth decay
- Emerging teeth
- Chipped or cracked tooth
- Mouth sore or cut
- Sinus pain or earache
- Large fragment of food between two teeth
Examine Your Child’s Mouth
- First, take a look in their mouth. If you see swollen gums, it indicates the general area of the dilemma. A large red bump near the tooth root could indicate an abscess.
- If there is swelling in the gums, take your toddler to a pediatric dentist right away.
- You may see a piece of food caught between two teeth. Use a string of floss or a floss pick to remove it. (Do not use a toothpick.) The pain may not go away immediately, but if this was the source, it should go away within a couple hours.
- If your child has a cavity, you may or may not be able to see it. We can locate small cavities or those hidden between two teeth.
- Make an appointment at Center for Dental Anesthesia in the unlikely event that your child has a cracked or chipped tooth.
If The Pain Is Caused By Teething
If your child has a runny nose and seems unusually irritable, they might be teething. A cold (not frozen) teething ring can help relieve the pain. Note that teething only causes a low-grade fever. If your son or daughter has a fever over 100 F or diarrhea, take them to a pediatrician right away.
At The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston TX, parents from East Spring, West Cypress, and Klein have trusted their youngsters to our general dentistry. We also offer complete restorative and cosmetic dentistry. Contact us today!
Contact The Gentle Art of Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):