Sedation Dentistry in Cypress, TX
We all know that we need to attend regular dental check-ups and cleanings to avoid gum disease, painful tooth infections, and complex dental procedures. However, for millions of Americans, severe dental anxiety wins over logic when it comes to caring for your oral health. Don’t let your oral health suffer because of fear! Schedule your appointment for sedation dentistry in Cypress, TX, today.
Dental anxiety can stem from past traumatic experiences, a fear of needles, a strong gag reflex, sensitive teeth, or any number of other unique factors. Anxious patients may feel more fearful as they contemplate what needs to be done to restore their oral health. This causes them to postpone or cancel necessary and important procedures. Without proper dental care, a patient’s dental and overall health may be at risk.
We understand the fear and apprehension people feel in receiving dental care. Many patients avoid getting proper care because of dental anxiety. Unfortunately, some patients avoid the dentist until they ultimately require in-depth procedures that could have been prevented had they come in sooner.
This is where sedation dentistry can make a tremendous difference! After experiencing sedation dentistry, many patients are surprised at how comfortable they are when receiving routine and recommended dental care.
Today, was my first visit. The place is beautiful, super clean and looks very new. Everything went well and exceeded my expectations. I waited only few minutes at the reception area after which I was escorted to the dentist room. The nurse did all the x-rays in few minutes. She was very courteous and efficient. Dr. Anderson then came in, did an exam gently, diagnosed the problem and decided to do a root canal and a crown. Within few minutes the next visit was scheduled and an estimate of the total out of pocket costs were presented to me. We finalized some paperwork and I was gone within few minutes. I’m not exaggerating when I say I felt home here!
Types of Dental Sedation
There are now more dental sedation options than ever to help anxious patients. Whatever the reason for your dental anxiety, we have options to help you relax as we help maintain your oral health.
Our practice offers several types of dental sedation to help our patients:
- Laughing gas is a safe and effective dental sedation method that dissipates quickly, so you can drive yourself to and from your appointments without side effects.
- Oral conscious sedation is a pill that you take prior to an appointment. You will need a ride to and from your appointment, but this method can make your time in the chair much more comfortable.
- IV sedation is a medicine administered intravenously that helps you relax during dental procedures. This method allows for a precise control of the level of sedation, making it possible to adjust as needed during the dental procedure. IV sedation does not cause you to sleep, though you may feel a bit drowsy. You will need transportation after your appointment.
What are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is dramatically beneficial for a variety of reasons:
- Anxiety Reduction - Many people experience anxiety or have an outright fear of the dentist. Sedation helps to alleviate these fears, making it easier for patients to undergo essential dental procedures.
- Increased Comfort - Sedation can enhance patient comfort by promoting relaxation. This is particularly beneficial for individuals with a low pain threshold, sensitive teeth, or a strong gag reflex.
- Saves Time - Dental sedation allows the dentist to perform multiple procedures in a single visit. This is especially useful for patients with busy schedules who want to minimize the number of dental appointments.
- Helps People with Special Needs - Sedation dentistry is particularly useful for individuals with special needs or those who cannot cooperate with treatment due to cognitive or physical challenges.
Why Choose The Gentle Art of Dentistry for Sedation Dentistry?
Our entire sedation team is ready to skillfully attend to your needs. Houston dentist Dr. J. Scott Anderson is one of the sedation professionals at our practice. He studied IV training at the Albert Einstein School of Medicine. Dr. Anderson belongs to the Dental Organization of Conscious Sedation and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology. You are in good hands at our practice.
You Don't Have to Be Afraid of the Dentist - Try Sedation Dentistry in Houston!
Here at The Gentle Art of Dentistry we can provide dental sedation for all types of appointments and procedures. You may request sedation for your annual teeth cleaning as well as more complex dental procedures.
You deserve a healthy mouth, free of pain. With sedation dentistry, you can enjoy both health and comfort while we help you maintain oral health. We serve patients from throughout the greater Houston area—including Tomball, Cypress, and Spring, TX.
Get the dental care you need. Contact our office to schedule an appointment!