Emergency Dentist in Houston, TX
Dental emergencies can be especially distressing. Here at The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston, we are here to help you in your moment of need. Emergencies tend to happen at inconvenient times, but we want you to call us for urgent dental issues. If you are in need of emergency dental care, we will make every effort to see you the day you call.
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is when your mouth is bleeding or you have moderate to severe tooth pain. A cracked, fractured, or broken tooth due to trauma qualifies as a dental emergency. You should also contact us right away if you have knocked out a permanent adult tooth. In those cases, we want to act quickly to help you save your teeth. Another example of a dental emergency is a dental abscess or tooth infection. That is a condition we want to treat quickly, so it does not worsen or lead to other serious medical issues.
If you are experiencing tooth pain or have other distressing symptoms, please call our office today. Our highly trained urgent dental care staff can gather the necessary information and make arrangements for you to be seen by an emergency dentist in Cypress. Also serving Spring, Tomball, and Houston, TX.
How to handle a dental emergency
If a tooth is chipped, cracked, broken due to trauma, we suggest following these guidelines:
- Handle teeth carefully, and avoid touching the roots of the tooth.
- Clean the tooth with water and store in a glass of milk, if possible.
- Call us once you have done these things.
If your jaw is fractured or broken, go to the emergency room immediately.
How do I avoid a dental emergency?
Here at The Gentle Art of Dentistrty, we can be your emergency dental practice. However, we would also love to help you avoid dental emergencies altogether. Following some of these suggestions can keep you safe and healthy.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brush and floss twice a day. Attend regular dental cleanings.
- Report any toothache or tooth pain to our office, so we can help you before it develops into a more serious issue.
- Avoid chewing hard foods like ice, popcorn kernels, or hard candies. These foods can crack your teeth.
- Do not use your teeth to cut or pull anything.
- Wear proper safety equipment when participating in sports or recreational activities.
Please call our emergency dentist in Houston if you are experiencing distressing tooth pain or have suffered a dental trauma, such as a broken or knocked-out tooth. We want to help you stay happy and healthy and find relief for your tooth pain fast.