Emergency Dentist in Houston, TX
Dental emergencies can be especially distressing. Here at The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston, we are here to help you in your moment of need. Emergencies tend to happen at inconvenient times, but we want you to call for urgent dental issues. If you are in need of emergency dental care, we will make every effort to see you the day you call.
Common Emergency Dental Care Questions
What is a dental emergency?
A dental emergency is when you are bleeding or have severe tooth pain. Missing or fractured teeth also qualify as dental emergencies. In those cases, we want to act quickly to help you save your teeth. Another example is an abscess. That is a condition we want to treat quickly, so it does not worsen or lead to other serious medical issues.
If you are in pain or experiencing some distressing symptoms, call our office. Our trained staff can gather necessary information and make arrangements for you to be seen by an emergency dentist.
If a tooth is fractured or knocked out, we suggest following these guidelines:
- Handle teeth carefully, and avoid touching the roots of the tooth.
- Clean the tooth with water and store in a glass of milk, if possible.
- Call us once you have done these things.
If your jaw is fractured or broken, go to the emergency room immediately.
How do I avoid a dental emergency?
Although we can be your emergency dental practice, we would love to help you avoid dental emergencies altogether. Following some of these suggestions can keep you safe and healthy.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brush and floss twice a day. Attend regular cleanings.
- Report any tooth pain to our office, so we can help you before it develops into a more serious issue.
- Avoid chewing hard foods like ice, popcorn kernels, or hard candies. These foods can crack your teeth.
- Do not use your teeth to cut or pull anything.
- Wear proper safety equipment when participating in sports or recreational activities.
Please call our office if you are experiencing distressing oral symptoms. We want to help you stay happy and healthy.