We fill a lot of cavities at The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston. Tooth decay is a serious problem, with somewhere in the area of nine of every ten American adults having at least one cavity in their teeth.
It doesn’t have to be that way, and we really stress preventative dentistry as the key to good dental health. Here are five tips for maintaining healthy teeth and gums:
- Brush Your Teeth. This is one is easy and basic, but critical. Brush twice a day for at least two minutes, and use a toothpaste with fluoride.
- Don’t Forget Your Tongue. This important part of brushing is easy to overlook, but there’s bacteria on the tongue you’ll want to remove.
- Floss. This goes hand-in-hand with brushing. Flossing lets you get the gunk that builds up between teeth. Before or after you brush? Either one. Just be sure to do it!
- Eat a Balanced Diet. Food choice is more important than you might think. Teeth need nutrients, just like the rest of your body. Avoid sugar as much as possible, and drink plenty of water.
- Have a Check-Up Twice a Year. Regular cleanings and checkups allow us to catch small problems before they get big, and give you peace of mind.
By using these five tips you can avoid serious dental issues down the road.
At The Gentle Art of Dentistry in Houston, we want all our patients to have healthy teeth and gums. Patients from East Spring, West Cypress, and Klein come here for complete general and cosmetic dentistry. Call to schedule your next checkup today!
Contact The Gentle Art of Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):